Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thing 2

W
ell, Thing 2.0 was learning about Web2.0. I know Stephen from the SD conferences and have his book. I have participated in many of his webinars. Really cool and funny guy!

I had also seen "The Shifted Librarian" You Tube video and read some articles from her blog. I had read the Tim O'Reilly article when Web2.0 as a topic first came up.

I am still not sure how I feel about Web 2.0, although I have been doing selected Web 2.0 things for some time in my personal life. What I hope to get out of this project is learning a way to incorporate them into our library.

Yesteryday, we finally got the word that our RFID project would be going forward to City Council. The first thing I did when I got home was to go to my facebook page and enter that on my feed, I never thought I would feel that it was important to do that and I still can't why anyone would care about some of the routine details of my life (like going shopping.) but on the other hand a lot of my facebook friends are librarians and they would care about this.


1 comment:

  1. Janet

    You bring up a good point, there are many other library professionals that use some of these Web 2.0 things in our personal lives, but we are looking for ways to incorporate them into the library. I hope we all learn together, and I look forward to following your posts! Great looking blog so far!

    ReplyDelete