Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

Being in Tech. Services, I could really get into LibraryThing. I entered the first two books that happened to cross my path and will add more (a lot more) after I finish this project. I even started thinking, "gee, it's too bad, I weeded my collections last summer, I could have added more to LibraryThing!"

Some of the discussions were interesting and stayed on topic, and some veered way off topic. One Harry Potter discussion was talking about the pregnancy/delivery of apparently one of its members. Wierd librarian stories was funny, but unfortunately all too familiar.

I was never able to find the suggested sections for reading. Can anyone help?

I liked that when you go back after entering a few books, you find reccommendation of other books you might like. So the more books you enter, the more recommends you will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment