Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing 17: LibWorm

On Saturday I could not access LibWorm either from the library or from home so imagine my surprise when today I was able to get it from my office.

I searched RFID and various permutation of RFID including specific vendors, open source RFID and the majority of articles I received in response were in german or french. The few I received in English were old, 2006. I wanted something newer so for this topic it did not meet my purposes.

I also tried open source as in ILS's, again foreign info and old info.

Decided to try one of the recommended searches, OPAC. This did contain some more current info, references to John Blyberg from July 2009 but the top hit was an article in what I believe to be Dutch (its certainly not German because I can read German).

The search for Hurst Public Library yielded only a bunch of unrelated searches containing the word Hurst.

I must reluctlantly conclude that LibWorm is not going to be helpful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment