Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing 19: Google Docs

Google Docs is an extremely convenient way to share doc and collaborate on them. I also like that they can easily be converted in Adobe. I often send docs in Adobe formate because I do not want them to be modified in any way. I had the ability to convert to Adobe Reader for quite some time because I own Adobe Pagemaker for Desktop publishing. Now everyone else has this ability, too.

One of my pc's is a netBook and I think it makes more sense to use Google Docs than to store a full version of Office on the PC. The formatting at Google Docs was a bit different than of Office 2007. Spacing between the paragraphs was removed. This was a little annoying, but then I sometimes find Office 2007 annoying. Actually to tell the truth, I find any Office product annoying. They always try to think that they know what I really want and often they are so wrong. WordPerfect was the first program I learned and I still can accomplish any fancy formatting so much better and faster in it!

I think it will be so much easier to use Google docs than to have to transfer everything to a Flash Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment