Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing 10: Ning

I did visit Ning.com, however, I I also read the information at the ChartingStocks blog and will not be creating a ning account at this time. I am just not comfortable with their policies. I am also not convinced that I see the advantage of Ning. It seems to duplicate what can be done at so many other sites!

I did watch the tutorial and unfortunately the audio was still compromised.

I searched the site for clarinet(ists) and fouond one site for Band Geeks. I also found one of my fellow system admins had start a "by invitation only" site for her library staff and I can see that as possibly a good use of ning. I also found several RFID groups inclulding some for specific vendors.

I did find the ALA site unlike several of the North Texas 23 participants and listened to the Open Source ILS.

No comments:

Post a Comment