Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing 8: Facebook

I recently joined Facebook in part because the Community Orchestra I play in started a Facebook page. I found several people there that I had lost contact with, so asked them to be friends. The orchestra had planned to use Facebook as a communication tool, but never really put it into practice. I never did manage to join the orchestra's page.

I like that on Facebook, you do have complete control over who can see your info. Most of my friends are either work colleagues or professional colleagues from the SD conferences that I have been to over the years.

Tuesday, I had lunch with a former staffer. We made all the arrangements over Facebook. Really cool way to do it!

I have read the blogs of others who did not feel comfortable with Facebook, but I feel more comfortable with it than I do with this blog where anybody can read it, but I am fairly cautious and would never give my password to anyone! -- for any reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment