Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thing 7 RSS feeds

I am not sure that I understqnd the difference between RSS feeds and blog readers. Both seem to accomplish the same thing--putting all the blogs in one place for the user's convenience.

The Mac has a really good blog reader/aggregator and I tend to use it to keep up with "current events." My daughter used to support Mac's at St. Thomas University in St. Paul and she suggested that I get a Mac Book Pro last summer. I am extremely happy with the Mac. It just works!

I did subscribe to a couple more blogs on Google Reader although I had some trouble with Helene Blowers' blogl For some reason, I could not access it at work. (Maybe this is time for my rant on the fact that as a librarian, I want to give people access to all types of information. As an IT professional it is their job to keep people out. It is unfortunate that we can't get any dialogue going because as a System Administrator I am very sympathetic to their problem and we might be able to figure out a way to keep both of us happy.

Because I am doing some of this work on a 8 1/2 in Acer Netbook, I had a lot of trouble finding the link on Helene's page, but in the end I did succeed.

Now, to te next challenge. . .

1 comment:

  1. I use google reader and I love it. It works for blogs, webcomics, flickr, news, pretty much anything.

    I can show you how I have mine set up sometime at work if you want to see.

    ReplyDelete