Friday, June 5, 2009

Thing 6 Blog Readers

I have had an account at Google Reader for a long time just so that I could read Stephen Abrams posts. I also subscribe to Rableonsylvie (who does the same job as me at Martin County FL), the Library Moose (from Burbank, CA whose owner does the same job at Burbank), and the Shifted Lkbrarian, Jenny Levine. I chose Google Reader then because it did not require installing additional software on the PC which is a practice our Information Services Department frowns upon.

I was surprised how integrated Google Reader in Blogger were. All the folks I am following on Bllogger were already listed on Reader! I have encouraged everyone at Hurst to follow each other so that we can get the full experience. Already we have found one user who can not post comments. I suspect that this may be that my work PC is nowhere near the public floor and as system administrator I may have privileges she doesn't. My next step will be to have her try sending a comment logged onto my PC.

The major problem with this task was that the screenhots were pretty blurry and because I already had an account my screens did not always remotely resemble those pictured, but it did all come together. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that there is just too much information out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment